NewsNational News


4-Year-Old Trying To Help Puppy Stuck Behind Dryer Dies From Apparent Electrocution

Posted at 7:39 PM, Oct 06, 2018

RAVIA, Ok. (WLWT/KXII) – A 4-year-old girl has died from an apparent electrocution after a tragic incident in Oklahoma.

KXII reports it happened Wednesday around 8:30 a.m. in Ravia.

Sheriff Jon Smith said Lily Minyard went behind a dryer in an attempt to help a puppy that was stuck and came into contact with a bare spot in the electrical wiring.

The girl’s mother took her to Ravia Town Hall where first responders were unable to revive her. She was rushed to an area hospital where staff tried and failed to revive her.

“At first, I didn’t know what to think. I got cold chills and it was at least in the 70s, 80s today,” said neighbor Brandi Miller.

“That’s going to be hard to not see that smile. That big beautiful smile and those big beautiful eyes of hers that lit up every time she would laugh,” said Gina Philipps, who taught Minyard. “It was kind of hard not to love her. She always wanted hugs.”

Philipps said Minyard loved coloring and having her nails painted.

The girl’s death is under investigation, but authorities say it appears to be a tragic accident.