LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) – The American Diabetes Association is looking to help furloughed government employees with their medication costs.
If you’re a furloughed federal employee or anyone who is struggling to pay for insulin, the ADA can help.
Their website lists a series of steps that you will need to complete before and during the phone call. Be sure to have all your information handy.
Before you call, plan to spend 20–30 minutes and be prepared to answer questions such as:
- Basic contact information
- Date of birth
- If you have an active prescription at a pharmacy
- Cost of insulin for monthly supply
- Method of insulin administration (via/pen)
- How much insulin you have on-hand
- Type of insurance (private, commercial)
- Amount of deductible
- Whether you are a U.S. resident (required)