(LEX 18) — Cinnamon rolls aren’t just for breakfast anymore. This is a very simple dairy free recipe that everyone will enjoy. Perfect for a group potluck or even a midnight snack.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Serving Size: about 16 pieces of cake
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cup dairy free milk [oat milk works the best.]
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup dairy free butter softened
1 cup dairy free butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons dairy free milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13 glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, dairy free milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- Melt butter and add to mix.
- Use hand mixer to blend ingredients together. Batter should be thick and sticky.
- Pour batter into baking pan.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together softened butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. This should be thinner than the batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mix into the cake batter.
- Use a knife or spoon to swirl the mixture through the cake. Don’t stir the topping in, just blend it to create a marble look.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Use a toothpick to check and see if the center is done.
- While the cake is baking, pour all the icing ingredients into a medium size bowl.
- Whisk ingredients together.
- Once cake slightly cools, pour icing over it.
- Icing will thicken as it cools on cake.