LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — If you're attending this year's Railbird Festival, you'll need to be either fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test.
"The safety of our patrons and our staff is our number one priority," organizers say in a Twitter post.
For those who are not fully vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of a person's first day at Railbird.
Railbird 2021 Entry Procedures
- Comply with the Railbird Fan Health Pledge
- Each day, bring a printed copy of your Vaccine Card, Vaccine Record, or printed result Negative COVID-19 test (showing test date). Regardless of your vaccination status, organizers ask that you please also bring a mask.
- Bring your Festival Wristband
- If you are unvaccinated, wear a mask throughout your time onsite.
- Please also remember our updated bag policy – CLEAR BAGS ONLY – and no liquids are allowed to be brought into Railbird
Railbird Fan Health Pledge
Organizers ask that people do not attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention);
- Within 14 days prior to attending the festival, you have traveled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
At this time, Railbird is not requiring masks to be worn by people in outdoor spaces at the festival. There will be increased hand sanitizer stations on-site, and cleaning crews will do frequent cleanings in high-touch areas.
This year's Railbird Festival is now sold out. It was canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here's the 2021 lineup:
The festival is set for Saturday, August 28 and Sunday, August 29.