LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — UK Healthcare has announced a plan to make a 400-bed field hospital at Nutter Field House in case of a potential surge of COVID-19 patients.
“As the Commonwealth’s health care provider for advanced and critical care, it is essential that we are prepared for any scenario to ensure we are meeting the needs of our community and the Commonwealth,” said Dr. Mark F. Newman, UK’s executive vice president for health affairs. “We need to do whatever is necessary to ensure that highest quality of care is provided to meet the challenges associated with this unprecedented public health crisis.”
UK officials have announced that the field hospital will be ready in the next two weeks.
Details of that hospital include:
- Rooms will be partitioned.
- Standard Sub Flooring System, Nurses Stations, Heavy Duty Cots, Dedicated Break Rooms.
- Nebulizing Station or Area.
- Shower Units with Daily Sanitization, Universal Body Soap and Sanitization of Shower Units.
- Daily Towel Service, Restroom Units with Daily Sanitization, Portable Handwashing Stations.
- Daily Laundry Service.
- Temporary generated power to ensure potable water for food services, shower and restroom.
UK HealthCare officials says they have been working for weeks to map scenarios to handle patient care needs.