HARRISON COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) — The WEDCO District Health Department reports that its entire week's worth of first-dose vaccine supply is solely dedicated to people age 70 and older.
In total, the organization said it plans to vaccine more than 2,000 people with the Moderna vaccine this week.
"Please connect with anyone you know in this high-risk population and communicate the message below and assist them with registering for an appt if needed," the organization continued on Facebook. "We do have appts by phone but we want to reserve those for people who absolutely have no one to assist them."
- All vaccine appointments this week will be first come first serve. Appointments will be filled online at wedcohealth.org and by phone at (859) 234- 8750. Once they are filled, an automated message will be released on the WEDCO website and phone system to notify the public.
- Appointments open each Monday at 9 a.m. and are based on vaccine availability received each week. Waitlists or preregistered patients are not currently being taken.
- WEDCO said it plans to stay in the 70-plus age group until it sees a drop in appointments and asks if you do not get in this week to keep trying until an appointment is eventually scheduled.
- Both phone and online appointments are available in every county. WEDCO has more online availability than phone, so if at all possible, please register there so those that need phone appointments can utilize that option.
- Show up no more than 10 minutes prior to your appointment to help eliminate long lines.
- Please print your form if at all possible prior to showing up to your appointment as this helps tremendously with the flow of the clinic. If not, forms will be available.
- You must live or work in the WEDCO district to receive a vaccine. Proof of residency and/or employment is required.
- Your first dose be administered by WEDCO in order to receive your second vaccine through us. This is how vaccines are allocated to the organization and how second doses are secured.
- If you are due for your second dose, register online under “second dose.”
WEDCO is asking for patience as people navigate through the appointment process. This Monday and last Monday WEDCO said it received 1,000 hits every minute on its sign-up portal when it opened at 9 a.m. This, of course, slows the site down.
Despite the morning rush, there are still hundreds of open appointments for the week, as of Monday afternoon.
Details by county:
- Harrison County: Wednesday (2/10/21):
- TIME: 9 a.m. to -4:30 p.m.
- LOCATION: Cynthiana Christian Church
- First Dose Appts: 700 TOTAL APPTS
- Second Dose Appts: 120 (appts available for those that received first vaccines 1/13/21 or before, you must register online)
- Nicholas County: Thursday (2/11/21):
- TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- LOCATION: Nicholas County Health Dept
- First Dose Appts: 300 TOTAL APPTS
- Second Dose Appts: 10 (appts available for those that received first vaccines 1/11/21 or before, you must register online)
- Scott County: Friday (2/12/21):
- TIME: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- LOCATION: Scott County Library
- First Dose Appts: 1100 TOTAL APPTS
- Second Dose Appts: 300 (appts available for those that received first vaccines 1/15/21 or before, you must register online).