BREATHITT COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) — Kentucky State Police say the two women who died in a home died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police say they received a call at around 10:00 p.m. Wednesday night about two women that were found dead in a home on Mcintosh Road, located in the Lost Creek community of Breathitt County.
When troopers responded, they located the bodies of 77-year-old Brenda Mullins, of Jackson, and 76-year-old Sharon White, inside the home. An initial investigation indicates that one of the victims started a vehicle parked in the garage below the home, causing both victims to succumb to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Mullins and White were pronounced deceased on scene by the Breathitt County Coroner’s Office. Both victims are scheduled for an autopsy, no foul play is suspected at this time.
The incident remains under investigation.