NewsCovering Kentucky


Belle’s Cocktail House Damaged In Fire

Posted at 9:54 AM, Aug 24, 2018
and last updated 2018-08-24 10:52:33-04

LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) – A beloved Lexington bar was damaged in a fire Friday morning. 

The fire broke out at  Belle’s Cocktail House in the 100-block of Market Street.  The damage is mostly contained to the roof.

The sprinkler system was working and that helped firefighters contain the flames quickly. Investigators believe the fire broke out in the building’s mechanical room.

A firefighter did sustain a hand injury. The lower floors of the building received smoke and water damage. No one was in the building when the fire sparked.

Police have shut down the area around Market Street. Blocked intersections include Market at Short, Church at Lime, Main at Lime and Upper at Church.

Owner Justin Thompson credits Lexington Fire for their quick response for saving his business.