LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) – The owners of the popular Lexington bar damaged in a fire on Friday morning have released a statement.
According to the post, the videos and photos made the situation look much worse than it actually was. Firefighters say that the damage was limited to the rooftop and that the fire most likely was sparked in the mechanical room.
“Huge thanks to the Lexington Fire Department this morning. No question their quick response saved our building and the structural integrity of our rooftop. The images and pictures had us thinking/planning for the worst, but the damage is somehow not as bad as it looked. We will be closed this weekend, but hope to reopen the first and second floors very soon, along with the rooftop. We appreciate the words of encouragement we have received and look forward to serving the good folks of Lexington soon,” reads the post.
A firefighter did sustain a hand injury. The lower floors of the building received smoke and water damage. No one was in the building when the fire sparked.