MOREHEAD, Ky. (LEX 18) – The search for a young boy swept into a storm drain in Morehead continued into its sixth day Friday.
It’s now considered a recovery operation, but it’s no less important to the men paddling across the pond today.
— Michael Berk (@LEX18_Michael) September 14, 2018
9-year-old Bryce Combs was swept away in floodwaters last weekend. Now that the water level has receded, the rescue crew is giving a thorough search to a nearby pond in Boone Hollan Wetlands. There are plans to drain the pond this afternoon.
Hundreds of volunteers have searched for the fourth-grader. Mayor Jim Tom Trent posted that a bloodhound has also been brought in to help searchers.
His mother released a statement earlier this week.
“I would like to take this opportunity to express my utmost gratitude to each and every individual involved in the search, as well as to all who have shown their continued support. Thank you for everything and for the prayer in the on-going search for my son, Bryce,” the mother’s statement said.
Emergency Management Director Ronnie Day told LEX 18 earlier this week, that while they are holding out hope for a miracle, the operation has switched from a rescue to a recovery mission.