NewsCovering Kentucky


Lexington Man Pleads Not Guilty To Stalking Charge

Posted at 3:02 PM, Sep 25, 2018
and last updated 2018-09-25 18:27:42-04

LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — A Lexington man pleaded not guilty Tuesday afternoon to a charge stemming from accusations that he stalked for months an area woman he targeted on social media.

Authorities say 29-year-old Cameron Hunter Leech made repeated unwanted contact with the woman between May and September.

Police say Leech does not know and apparently had no prior relationship with the woman he is accused of harassing.

“He located her social media profiles on Instagram and Facebook and sent her hundreds of messages,” according to Leech’s arrest citation.

Cameron Hunter Leech


In court Tuesday, Leech said he will need a public defender. The judge reiterated that he was to have no contact with the woman if he is released. Leech was being held on $10,000 bail.

A pretrial conference is scheduled for Oct. 8. At that time the judge also is expect to address previous charges against Leech related to arrests in August for alleged violations of the protection order.

According to Leech’s arrest citation, the woman told Leech to quit contacting her. After the woman told him to stop, police say, Leech continued to send messages including: “I’m gonna getcha,” “I need to see you. I need to feel you,” “Have the face to face. Unannounced,” “I can find whatever and whoever I need to,” and “halfway tempted to sock ya right in the kisser.”

The arrest citation also describes Leech showing up unannounced at the woman’s work and at the workplace of one her friends in June.

The woman notified police and authorities contacted Leech to advise him to stop.

Then in July, according to police, Leech showed up outside the Lexington Athletic Club as the woman was leaving in her vehicle, blocked her from closing her door.

“Mr. Leech advised he would leave if the victim took a photograph of a rose that he was holding,” the arrest citation notes.

The woman filed a police report and no contact protective order against Leech, which was in effect July 17.

Police say he violated the order in August by sending more messages via Instagram.

Leech was being held in the Fayette County Detention Center.