LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18)– Crews responded to a fire on Prairie Circle Tuesday.
Prairie Circle is off Kenesaw Drive. The Battalion Chief said the fire started in the fireplace and expanded through the chimney and up to the attic. All of the fire damage is to the chimney, the outside back of the house and the attic.
The living area has water damage from the firefighters putting out the fire.
The homeowner was in the home when the fire started but got out and was not injured.
The neighboring house to the right had some siding melt, but no other damage was reported.