MOREHEAD, Ky. (LEX 18)– The Morehead Police Department is warning people that there may be a bad batch of drugs in the community after officials responded to three separate overdoses Monday.
Two of those people were revived but a third died. The man was from Ohio and was found dead inside a local motel room.
“We want people to not use drugs, obviously, but we do understand, as a police department, that we can’t stop everything,” said Morehead Police Department Captain Kyle Callahan.
The department doesn’t have any way of connecting the overdoses without getting the drugs that were used tested, but Captain Callahan said that three in one day raises a red flag.
“Sporadically, we have one here and there, but to have some that are consecutive, that kind of gets in the back of our mind and gets us worried that maybe whoever is bringing it in may have sold it to a whole bunch of different people,” said Callahan.
They do have concerns that the three overdoses on Monday may not be the last of it. Police have a message for the friends and family members of people who are addicted to drugs.
“Just go check on somebody. If you know that they are using, just go check on them and make sure that they’re okay,” said Callahan.