NewsCovering Kentucky


Furnace Causes Fire Scare At Lexington Home

Posted at 4:51 AM, Nov 29, 2018
and last updated 2018-11-29 07:25:21-05

LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18)– Firefighters responded to a home filled with smoke after a furnace overheated.

It happened around midnight in the 4000 block of Oak Creek Drive in the Tates Creek area.

The homeowner says he briefly left to go to the store and came home to find smoke throughout his house and the smoke alarm going off.

Fire officials say the furnace overheated and caused some minor smoke damage.

We’re told no one was hurt and the homeowner was able to sleep there.