NewsCovering Kentucky


UPDATE: 7-Year-Old Dies In Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Exposure

Posted at 5:27 AM, Nov 30, 2018
and last updated 2018-11-30 07:38:12-05

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE 3)– A 7-year-old girl has passed away after she suffered from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in a Louisville garage with several other family members.

Wednesday morning, the girl’s father, 39-year-old Juvenal Garcia Mora, and her 3-year-old brother, Cruz Isaac Garcia, were found dead in the family’s garage on Plaudit Way.

Mayra Garcia was alive when officers arrived and rushed to Norton Children’s Hospital. She passed away on Thursday evening just before 6 p.m., the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office confirmed.

Louisville Metro Police officials said their deaths were a “horrific accident.”

Police believe the father was warming up his car while getting ready for work when he succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

The official cause of death for the family is pending an investigation.