DANVILLE, Ky. (LEX 18)– Danville police were called to Walmart on Monday to check on a female who appeared to be under the influence.
Officers found Jessica Crawley, 29, of Lexington. After speaking with Crawley and determining that there was no medical issue, she was arrested for public intoxication.
Police then say while she was in the back seat of the cruiser, Crawley was able to slip her handcuffs and attempted to open the door.
Crawley was eventually re-secured and transported to jail. She was found to have narcotics on her person which she attempted to conceal in order to introduce them into the jail facility.
Crawley was booked on the following charges:
1) Public Intoxication
2) Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
3) Resisting Arrest
4) Disorderly Conduct 2nd Degree
5) Escape 3rd Degree
6) Promoting Contraband 1st Degree
7) Possession of Controlled Substance 3rd Degree
8) Prescription not in Original Container
9) Trafficking Controlled Substance 1st Degree (Heroin)
10) Trafficking Controlled Substance 1st Degree (Meth)