ASHLAND, Ky. (LEX 18)– An Ashland police officer is being treated for possible drug exposure following the arrest of several individuals with drug warrants.
While conducting a foot patrol at the Ashland Inn, officers came into contact with a group of individuals with a combination of outstanding warrants and possession of suspected narcotics.
Following the arrests and locating the bags of suspected drugs, one APD officer involved in the arrest began to feel sick. The officer, suspecting exposure to the narcotics, was transported to the emergency room.
In total, six arrests were made:
1. Casey Lee Ward, of Ashland, for Failure to Appear Warrant.
2. Jessica D. Peterman, of Catlettsburg, for Failure to Appear Warrant.
3. Randy C. Lewis, of Rush, for Failure to Appear Warrant.
4. Tiffany Cordle, of Flatwoods, for Probation Appear (for felony offense) Warrant.
5. Michael D. White, of Ashland, for Failure to Appear, Probation Appear (for felony offense) Warrant, Possession of Controlled substance 1st offense (heroin), and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
6. April N. Gonzales, of Ashland, for Flagrant Non-support Warrant, Trafficking in Controlled Substance 1st Offense (heroin), Poss. Of Controlled substance 1st offense (methamphetamine), Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
The officer is expected to be fine.