LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — The City of Lexington will host a free paper shredding event and food drive next weekend at 1631 Old Frankfort Pike.
From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., April 27, Fayette County residents may bring up to five boxes or bags of material to be shredded at no cost.
This event allows Lexington residents to safely dispose of their sensitive materials in an environmentally-friendly way. Shred-it, a division of Stericycle, securely destroys documents on-site with their fleet of mobile shredding trucks. The material collected is recycled into low-grade paper products.
Participants are invited to bring non-perishable food for donation to the SHARE Center. Please do not bring items in glass packaging.
- No plastic binders or binder clips should be included with materials.
- Staples, paper envelopes and paper clips are acceptable.
- Entrance to the event will be accessible via Jimmie Campbell Drive.
- Participants are asked not to arrive before 9 a.m. as event organizers will be unable to accommodate anyone before that time.
- Cardboard boxes will be collected at the event and sent to the Lexington Recycling Center.