CLARK COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) — Three adults and a child escaped injury early Friday after a fire broke out early Friday morning at a home in Clark County.
Officials said two men, a woman and a child were able to leave the house safely, and the fire was put out by 4 a.m.
There was a kerosene heater and candles in the bathroom, authorities said, but the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The occupants woke up to smoke and had soot on their faces, a fire official told LEX 18.
No on was injured or had to be taken to the hospital for treatment.
Clark County Fire Department Chief Ernest Banes said the occupants had family nearby and were able to seek shelter immediately.