FRANKFORT, Ky. (LEX 18) — FEMA continues to open more mobile registration centers in western Kentucky to help tornado survivors apply for FEMA assistance.
FEMA mobile centers are at these locations:
- Fulton County: Gibson Electric Membership Corporation
1702 Moscow Ave., Hickman, KY 42050
- Hart County: Floral Hall, Hart County Fairgrounds
2184 S. Dixie Hwy., Munfordville, KY 42765
- Caldwell County: Butler Gymnasium
600 W. Main St., Princeton, KY 42445
- Graves County: The old Walmart location, Mayfield Plaza
1102 Paris Rd., Mayfield, KY 42066
- Hopkins County (new location): Dawson Springs Library
103 W. Ramsey St, Dawson Springs, KY 42408
- Marshall County: Joe Creason Community Center
1600 Park Ave., Benton, KY 42025
- Muhlenberg County: Neal’s Chapel General Baptist Church
State Route 81, Sacramento, KY 42372
Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
FEMA personnel at the centers can help residents who were affected by the Dec. 10 severe storms and tornadoes apply for federal assistance.
There are three other ways to apply if you are unable to visit one of the centers; apply online here, or by call 800-621-3362, or by using the FEMA mobile app. If you use a relay service, such as video relay (VRS), captioned telephone or other service, give FEMA the number for that service.
The following will need to be provided when applying:
- A current phone number where you can be contacted.
- Your address at the time of the disaster and the address where you are now staying.
- Your Social Security Number.
- A general list of damage and losses.
- Banking information if you choose direct deposit.
- If insured, the policy number or the agent and/or the company name.
The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (local time) seven days a week until further notice.
The deadline for applications is Feb. 11, 2022.
FEMA financial assistance may include money for temporary housing, basic home repair, or other disaster-related needs such as childcare, transportation and medical, funeral, or dental expenses.
For more information about Kentucky tornado recovery, visit www.fema.gov/disaster/4630.