Floodwaters swamped multiple Kentucky roadways late Saturday night and into Sunday.
As of Sunday morning, flood warnings are in effect for Jefferson, Bullitt, Spencer, Shelby, Franklin, Scott, Harrison Owen and Grant counties until 12:30 p.m.
Widespread rainfall continues with the heaviest still to our west. This line of strong rain will migrate east through Sunday PM. Flooding is already occurring in areas from the last couple of rounds and with this next round, those problems will likely get worse. #18StormTracker pic.twitter.com/zGs7JUlGVh— Seth Phillips (@SethPhillipsWx) February 28, 2021
The following flood conditions have been reported:
- Grays Run in Cynthiana is out of its banks. (8:55 a.m.)
- Trace Fork of Caney Road is impassable. (10:30 a.m.)
- High water is over the road in the Hazel Fork Creek Community near Gray. (10:01 a.m.)
- Sections of Camp Creek Road along Camp Creek near Wendover-Hurricane Creek Road are impassable. (8:35 a.m.)
- Rt. 3425, Dry Hill Macintosh Road is impassible between Mountain Parkway and Owls Nest Road. (8:35 a.m.)
- Hwy. 713 is closed due to high water flooding over the road. (7:10 a.m.)
- Multiple areas of Hwy. 1274 are shut down.
- Hwy. 460 shut down due to water across the road near 7000 block.
- Adams Ridge reported as having water in the roadway. An alternate route is being used. (7 a.m.)
- Water covering the road on Mountain Parkway at mile marker 16.
- Double Culvert Road and Rogers Gap Road are impassable due to high water. (9:48 a.m.)
- Sebree Road at Longlick Pike is impassable due to high water. (9:08 a.m.)
- Luke Road is impassable at Eagle Creek due to high water. (9:53 a.m.)
- The 6500 block of Cropper Road is impassable due to high water. (8:10 a.m.)
- The 300 block of Eminence Pike is not passable due to water in the roadway. (8:10 a.m.)
48-hour rainfall totals:— Seth Phillips (@SethPhillipsWx) February 28, 2021
Areas hardest hit so far have been the Cumberland River counties, Northwest KY and along the Ohio River to Paducah, and Eastern Kentucky. Nearly 4" of rainfall has fallen in a few locations with a few more possible through this evening. #18StormTracker pic.twitter.com/xMw4iaFpWD