MERCER COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) — Firefighters say a man was airlifted to a hospital in Louisville after his propane furnace exploded as he was working on it.
Mercer County Fire Chief Richard Maxfield said that crews responded to the call on Providence Road in Mercer County around 12:25 p.m. They say the victim was able to call 9-1-1 himself. Maxfield would not comment on the victim's condition, but says his injuries are severe.
No one else was in the home and no other injuries have been reported. No other homes were impacted.
Maxwell told LEX 18's Katherine Collins that his advice to homeowners is to make sure a certified technician works on your furnace. He said that he has no knowledge of the victim's experience with propane furnaces.