FRANKFORT, Ky. (LEX 18) — The deadline to register to vote in the general election is one week away.
The deadline to register to vote in the upcoming November 5, 2019 general election is Monday, October 7.
County clerks’ offices throughout Kentucky will accept online and paper applications until 4 p.m. local time on the deadline. Mail-in voter registration applications must be postmarked by October 7.
To be eligible to vote, Kentuckians must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a Kentucky resident for at least 29 days before Election Day.
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the General Election.
- Not be a convicted felon, or if convicted of a felony offense, must have obtained a restoration of civil rights.
- Not have been adjudged “mentally incompetent.”
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere outside Kentucky.
Minors who are 17 years old but will be 18 years old on or before the November 5, 2019 General Election are eligible to register and vote in the upcoming General Election.
Voters who have recently moved need to update their voter registration information by no later than October 7, 2019.
Over 175,000 Kentucky voters' records have been designated as inactive by the State Board of Elections. Secretary of State Alison L. Grimes is urging voters to check their status at GoVoteKy.com.