NewsCovering the Nation


Indiana 3-Month-Old Died From Ingesting Meth; Parents Arrested

Posted at 3:34 PM, Sep 30, 2018
and last updated 2018-09-30 15:34:09-04

Two Indiana parents were arrested after their child died due to methamphetamine, police said.

According to authorities, 3-month-old Eben Frisque died in July inside an apartment on Taft Drive in Madison, Indiana — about an hour from Lawrenceburg.

WLWT reports that during the investigation, detectives found that the child’s parents, Deven Frisque, 32, and Tara Savage, 28, had both consumed methamphetamine and other drugs recently while caring for Eben and their other child.

They both tested positive for methamphetamine and other drugs shortly after Eben’s death, police said. Eben’s autopsy then revealed she also had meth in her system, as well as amphetamine.

Her official cause of death was listed as “Acute Methamphetamine Ingestion.”

The parents were then charged with neglect of a dependent. Both were arrested this week.

Savage was arrested Tuesday in Bedford, Kentucky, and Deven Fisque was taken into custody Wednesday in Jefferson County, Indiana.