GEORGETOWN, Ky. (LEX 18) — A Georgetown man is accused of nearly hitting a deputy with the Scott County Sheriff's Office and leading authorities on a chase.
Deputies with Scott County Sheriff's Office discovered a suspicious vehicle on the property at Rural King early Thursday morning. They say Jesse Deskins was found slumped over at the wheel.
According to Scott County Sheriff’s Office, Deskins eventually awoke as Deputy Conley knocked on his window. Deskins struggled to get his truck into gear as he slammed his accelerator to the floor, nearly striking Deputy Conley.
A short pursuit on East Main ended when Deskins missed the turn, struck an embankment, went airborne through trees, and crashed into The House On Main, a local Airbnb where people were sleeping.
No injuries to anyone inside the dwelling were reported and Deskins suffered unknown injuries from the collision.
Deskins is being charged with:
- Fleeing/Evading Police-1st degree
- 5 counts Wanton Endangerment-1st degree
- Wanton Endangerment-1st degree (police officer)
- Criminal Mischief-1st degree
- DUI 1st (aggravated circumstance)
- Possession of open alcohol in motor vehicle
- Failure to illuminate headlights