LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — As many Kentuckians get set to cast their vote for the 2020 election by mail this November, there are 15 factors to keep in mind which could cause an absentee ballot to be rejected.
The reasons your absentee ballot could be rejected are as follows:
- Missed Deadline
- No Voter Signature
- No Witness Signature
- Non-Matching Signature
- Returned in Unofficial Envelope
- Envelope Not Sealed
- No Residential Address on Envelope
- Voter Deceased
- Voter Already Voted in Person
- Inner Envelope Flap Missing
- Returned as "Not Deliverable"
- Inner Envelope Missing
- Ballot Missing from Envelope
- Multiple Envelopes in one Envelope
- No Ballot Application on Record
Voters must apply for an absentee ballot by Oct. 9.