RICHMOND, Ky. (LEX 18) — A fire that happened at EnerSys in Richmond early Thursday morning has been contained.
The fire, which started at one of the charging areas in the facility, is not believed to be suspicious, according to Richmond Fire Department.
EnerSys is considered a two-tier facility, which means that it holds chemicals that need to be checked by EPA when incidents, like fires, occur.
Officials are monitoring the situation, but they said they have no reason to believe the public is at risk.
Seventy-five employees were at the site when the fire happened. According to officials, there have been no injuries.
The fire has been extinguished, but officials are still monitoring the area to make sure the fire does not rekindle.