News

Actions

House explosion in Millwood leaves two injured

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:56 PM, Jan 29, 2020
and last updated 2020-01-29 21:56:55-05

MILLWOOD, Ky. — A woman and daughter were injured after a house exploded on Wednesday night, according to K105.com.

Grayson County Central Dispatch alerted the Leitchfield Fire Department at 6:13 Wednesday night that a residence in the 100 block of Crawford Street had exploded.

When firefighters arrrived, the house was fully engulged in flames.

At this time, officials say a propane leak is the likely cause of the explosion. Leitchfield Utilities said they have no gas lines running in the area.

Both the mother and daughter were transported by EMS, one to Caneyville Elemntary School and one to Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center.