Lawrenceburg Fire and Rescue shares aftermath of trash can fire due to improperly disposed fireworks

Lawrenceburg FD.jpg
Posted at 5:09 PM, Jul 05, 2021
and last updated 2021-07-05 17:18:38-04

LAWRENCEBURG, Ky. (LEX18) — Lawrenceburg Fire and Resuce shared images of their busy weekend due to fires started in trash cans and Herbies that were sitting too close to houses.

"We wanted to share this as an example of the importance of not placing your Herbie trash cart against the house," the Fire and Rescue post says.

The National Safety Council says to soak both spent and unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding.

For more tips on firework safety click here.