MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) — The superintendent of Montgomery County schools is speaking out on several videos that seem to show several fights at the high school.
In a letter to parents that was sent out Friday, Superintendent Matthew Thompson said only nine students, out of 1,300, were involved in fights over the past week.
Thompson said the perception of "Fight Week" at the school was made worse through social media.
He said compilation videos that made their way around the internet were designed to give the impression of dozens of fights, despite showing the same three or four fights over and over again.
Thompson said that administrative and legal repercussions from any fight will be taken against the students.
In the letter, Thompson went on to say that measures were taken last week to keep fight from occurring.
These measures ranged from increasing supervision during class and lunch, which will continue for the foreseeable future.
You can read the entire letter that was sent home to parents here: