LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — Multiple bus routes are delayed with Fayette County Public Schools as the district deals with an ongoing bus driver shortage.
And these are the bus routes that are delayed for Wednesday afternoon:
- PM Bus 1805 Tates Creek Elementary Tates Creek High SCAPA
- PM Bus 2126 Wellington Dunbar Leestown
- PM Bus 411 Brenda Cowan Edythe J Hayes
- PM Bus 883 Southern Elementary Tates Creek High
- PM Bus 14 Lafayette SCAPA
- PM Bus 960 RISE
- PM Bus 2118 RISE
- PM Bus 869 RISE
- PM Bus 670 Tates Creek Elementary Henry Clay Bryan Station Middle
- PM Bus 456 Carter G Prep
- PM Bus 770 Glendover Lafayette SCAPA
- PM Bus 410 Dixie
- PM Bus 1958 Brenda Cowan Douglass/CGW Morton
- PM Bus 1811 Edythe J Hayes
- PM Bus 452 Carter G Prep
- PM Bus 871 Garrett Morgan Douglass/CGW
- PM Bus 1955 Lansdowne Tates Creek High Morton
- PM Bus 1972 Liberty Douglass/CGW
The district also posted the following morning routes that were canceled on Wednesday morning:
- AM Bus 313: Brenda Cowan Douglass/CGW Edythye J Hayes
- AM Bus 411: Brenda Cowan Edytye J Hayes
- AM Bus 2124: Douglass/CGW Edythe J Hayes
- AM Bus 670: Brenda Cowan Byran Station Middle
- AM Bus 24: Henry Clay Morton
- AM Bus 1819: Bryan Station High Winburn
- AM Bus 15: Dunbar Morton
- AM Bus 22: Booker T Washington Bryan Station High Crawford
- AM Bus 1958: Douglas/CGW Bryan Station Middle
This is the third day in a row that bus routes have been delayed or canceled with the district.
"As Fayette County Public Schools continues to work diligently to recruit and retain additional bus drivers, the existing staffing shortage might force us to delay or cancel bus routes when we cannot cover all the routes," Fayette County Public Schools write on their website. "All families should develop an alternative transportation plan in the unfortunate event that their child's bus is affected. This is certainly not an ideal situation, and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience."
If a morning bus route is canceled, it is canceled for that morning only. If an afternoon bus route is delayed, the district says transportation will be available at 4:45 p.m. after other routes are completed and additional drivers are available. Families can choose to find a different way home for their children in the interim.