A military operation to strike Iran in retaliation for the downing of a US drone was set to begin Thursday night when the White House called it off, a US official with direct knowledge of the matter told CNN.
The US military targets were a limited set of Iranian radars and missile batteries, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the information.
No US weapons had been launched when the decision was made to call it off.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.