LINCOLN COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) — Following a deadly explosion in Lincoln County, Reuters is reporting that Enbridge expects to restart pipeline services at the end of August.
Earlier this month, Enbridge gas pipeline 15 exploded killing one person and injuring six others. Two adjacent pipelines, 10 and 25, were also shut down by order of the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration. The organization ordered Enbridge to assess the lines for any thermal damage caused by the explosion.
Lines 10 and 25, the adjacent pipelines, are expected to be restarted in the next few days. Reuters reports the lines will be turned on between Aug. 24 and Aug. 25.
Work will continue on Line 15.
As of Wednesday evening, officials with Emergency Management and the Sheriff's Department said they had not been notified about the the pipelines being restarted.
A company spokesman said via email to LEX 18 on Thursday night that officials have been contacted.
"Enbridge has reached out to both Sheriff's Department and the Office of Emergency Management about our plans to possibly restart one of the lines not involved in the August 1 accident," the email read.
Enbridge previously released a statement to LEX 18:
Enbridge has completed work to replace a portion of Line 25 - one of two lines not involved in the incident that were taken out of service as a precautionary safety measure- in the vicinity of the incident site. This work has been done in compliance with the Corrective Action Order (CAO) issued by PHMSA. Enbridge has received approval from PHMSA to slowly bring the pressure of the line up to 80% of its maximum allowable operating pressure. Additional approval will be required from PHMSA before Enbridge can proceed with bringing the pressure up to 100% of the maximum allowable operating pressure. This pipeline is only being returned to service after a rigorous inspection process has been completed, all regulatory requirements have been met, and it has been determined it is safe to proceed.