LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — Rupp Arena has announced a stricter security policy for the upcoming concert with Grammy Award-winning pop superstar Ariana Grande.
Grande, one of the best-selling artists in popular music, is set to bring her Sweetener World Tour to Rupp on Sunday, Nov. 17.
But if you plan on attending, don’t plan on bringing a bag unless you can see right through it.
“In order to provide the smoothest entry and safest experience for fans attending the concert, the tour has announced a clear-bag policy, among other security measures for the show,” according to a news release.
While the statement doesn’t mention it, the policy follows by a couple years the May 22, 2017, Grande concert in Manchester, England, that was attacked by a suicide bomber. Twenty-two people were killed.
The bags also cannot exceed 12-by-6-by-12 inches.
The concert is scheduled to start at 8 p.m., with doors opening at 6:30 p.m.
Here is a list of all the security measures that will take place:
- Only bags that are 100 percent clear will be allowed
- Each person can only have one bag
- All bags must be made of clear plastic, vinyl or PVC.
- One gallon-sized clear plastic freezer bag is also allowed.
- All belongings must be placed individually in the clear bag and cannot be placed in additional bags within.
- Bags must not be larger than the following dimensions: 12-by-6-by-12 inches.
- No recording devices or cameras are allowed.
- Cell phones with cameras are allowed.
Guests have been encouraged to arrive early. Click here for more information.