Team USA Medal Race Updates 02/06/2022
Team USA's gold medal drought was quenched by Lindsey Jacobellis on Day 5, and 24 hours later, it's a gold rush for the red, white, and blue.
Kim made history by becoming the first woman to win back-to-back gold medals in snowboard halfpipe, and Chen redeemed himself from 2018 as he took gold in figure skating men’s singles,
Team USA's total medal haul is now 10: four gold, five silver, one bronze
- On Day 6 at PyeongChang 2018, the U.S. had eight medals - five gold, one silver, two bronze
- Of the eight individual medals won by Team USA, five were won by women, three were won by men
- Queralt Castellet’s silver in the snowboarding women's halfpipe gave Spain its fifth Winter Olympic medal all-time, and its first silver all-time
- Luge is the first sport to conclude competition at the 2022 Winter Games. Germany continued its dominance, winning gold in each of the four events and 6 of 12 overall medals.
- Eight medal events were contested on Feb. 10.
- 45 of 109 events have been completed
Team USA is hoping to improve on its solid fourth-place finish in 2018, when its 23 medals trailed Norway (39), Germany (31), and Canada (29). The Americans also had the fourth-most gold medals in 2018 with nine, but have now not claimed a Day 1 medal at consecutive Olympics.
Team USA is chasing its medal-best standard of 34 overall with 10 golds on home turf in Salt Lake City during the 2022 Winter Olympics.
Winter Olympics Medal Count for 02/06/2022
See the live medal count for full medal standings and results from the 2022 Winter Olympics, updated in real-time throughout each competition day.