UK MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
KENTUCKY vs. SAN LORENZO DE ALMAGRO
BIG BLUE BAHAMAS | ATLANTIS IMPERIAL ARENA| PARADISE ISLAND, BAHAMAS
AUG. 9, 2018
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 91, San Lorenzo de Almagro 68
· This was Kentucky’s second exhibition game of the Big Blue Bahamas foreign exhibition tour. UK will play two additional games during the tour.
· The Wildcats return to the Atlantis Imperial Arena court on Saturday vs. Mega Bemax (Serbia). That game will tip at 7 p.m. on the SEC Network. UK has an off day on Friday and will enjoy a catamaran ride Friday morning before the John Calipari Basketball Fantasy Experience begins.
· UK improved to 132-12 all-time in exhibition games and 7-1 in the Bahamas. The Wildcats went 5-1 in their previous trip to the Bahamas in 2014.
· Kentucky has won its last 11 exhibition games dating back to Nov. 2, 2014, vs. Pikeville.
· Kentucky started Quade Green, Immanuel Quickley, Keldon Johnson, PJ Washington and Nick Richards for the second straight game.
· It was a night of redemption for three Wildcats who struggled shooting the ball in the Big Blue Bahamas foreign tour opener …
· After going 1 for 11 from the floor Wednesday, Green made an immediate impact in Friday’s game. He scored five early points, including a 3-pointer from the top of the key to start the game.
· Johnson also came out strong to start the game, scoring five points to propel the Wildcats to an early 12-4 lead.
· Reid Travis was all over the glass in the first game with a game-high 14 boards but made just 2 of 9 shots. He sunk three of his first six shots Thursday for six quick points.
· After combining to go 6 of 35 Wednesday, Green, Johnson and Travis combined to make 13 of 21 shots Thursday.
· The Wildcats opened up a 32-20 lead on Tyler Herro’s 3-pointer and Immanuel Quickley’s pull-up jumper.
· Herro caught fire late in the second half. He scored five straight points to give UK a 42-27 lead with just over four minutes left. He scored 15 in the first half.
· With 2:53 left in the first half, power went out on Paradise Island. After a slight delay, backup lights turned on but power was off to the scoreboard and TV network. With a lengthy delay likely, the teams agreed to end the half. The teams resumed in the second half on backup generators. With about 13 minutes left in the second half, power and TV returned.
· Kentucky opened up a 15-point lead with a Richards finish at the 15-minute mark.
· San Lorenzo answered with a 6-0 run to cut UK’s lead to 53-44 with 13:54 to go but the Wildcats answered with five straight.
· Kentucky’s lead ballooned to 68-50 on a Washington “and one.”
· UK went on a 9-0 run late in the game to take a 79-57 lead with 5:31 remaining.
· Kentucky found its offensive rhythm in game two, making 64.1 percent of its shots, including 7 of 12 from behind the 3-point arc.
· Six Wildcats scored in double figures.
· UK led for 38:00 of the game.
· The Wildcats won the battle of the glass again, outrebounding San Lorenzo 32-20.
· Tyler Herro led six Wildcats in double figures with 22 points on 7-of-10 shooting.
· He’s made 13 of 21 shots over the two games so far.
· He made 4 of 5 from behind the arc vs. San Lorenzo.
· He’s leading UK in scoring through the first two games, averaging 19.0 points.
· PJ Washington notched 15 points, on 6-of-11 shooting.
· He was 6 of 11 from the floor
· Keldon Johnson scored 13 points on a 5-of-7 performance from the floor.
· Reid Travis posted 11 points and six rebounds.
· A night after leading UK with 19 points, Nick Richards reached double figures again with 10 points.
· Immanuel Quickley stuffed the stat sheet with six points, a game-high seven rebounds and a game-high five assists.