FINAL SCORE: Tennessee 24, No. 12 Kentucky 7
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 7-3, 5-3 in the Southeastern Conference. Tennessee is 5-5, 2-4 in the SEC.
- Tennessee leads the series, 80-25-9.
- Next for the Wildcats: UK has its final home game on Saturday, Nov. 17, as the Wildcats play host to Middle Tennessee at noon. The television assignment is TBA.
- Kentucky finishes tied for second in the SEC Eastern Division. Along with the second-place finish in 2016 under Mark Stoops, it is UK’s two highest finishes since the league split into divisions in 1992.
- This is the first time since 1993 that UK has allowed 34 points or less in each of the first 10 games.
- UK has allowed 162 points this season, fewest in the first 10 games of a season since 1993 (147 points in 10 games).
- UK’s game captains were TE C.J. Conrad, OT George Asafo-Adjei, LB Josh Allen and S Mike Edwards.
- Sophomore quarterback Terry Wilson completed 21 of 34 passes for 172 yards and one touchdown.
- Wilson completed 66.3 percent of his passes in UK’s four SEC road games, 67 of 101. That is the second-highest single-season completion percentage in SEC road games in school history. The record is 67.9 percent by Tim Couch in his 1998 SEC road games.
- Junior running back Benny Snell Jr. rushed 20 times for 81 yards.
- He set a career high with six pass receptions, good for 25 yards. He totaled 106 yards from the line of scrimmage.
- Has 3,513 career rushing yards, remaining in second place in UK history and 20th place in SEC history.
- Senior tight end C.J. Conrad caught two passes for 39 yards, including a 19-yard touchdown. It is his second TD catch of the season and 11th of his career.
- Sophomore wide receiver Lynn Bowden led the team in receiving with six catches for 57 yards.
- Has caught at least three passes in every game this season and caught 25 passes over the last three games.
- Junior wide receiver Tavin Richardson had season highs with four catches for 37 yards.
- Sophomore punter Max Duffy had another solid day, punting seven times for a 46-yard average, with four inside the 20-yard line.
- Senior safety Mike Edwards had six tackles and two pass breakups.
- Edwards has 299 career tackles, needing one more to become the 19th player in school history to reach 300.
- Although only playing in the second half, senior safety Darius West tied for the team lead with six tackles, including one for loss.
- Senior linebacker Josh Allen tied for the team lead with six tackles, including one quarterback sack.
- He has 11 sacks on the season, one short of Dennis Johnson’s single-season record of 12.
- He has 25.5 sacks in his career, one-half sack shy of Oliver Barnett’s career record of 26.
- Kentucky forced and recovered two fumbles today – a force and recovery by freshman LB Chris Oats, a force by freshman LB DeAndre Square and a recovery by junior DE Calvin Taylor. Those were the first of their careers for all three players.