RICHMOND, Ky- Eastern Kentucky University’s football team will hit the road for the first time when the Colonels travel to Huntington to take on old rival Marshall University.
Kickoff at Joan C. Edwards Stadium is scheduled for 6:30 pm.
The game will air live on ESPN+. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– Marshall leads the all-time series 10-8-1. The Colonels are 4-6-1 against the Herd in games played in Huntington.
– The last two times the teams met were in the FCS playoffs in 1991 and 1992.
– The first meeting between the two teams was in 1926 in Huntington.
– Eastern rushed for 404 yards in an opening week 49-23 win over rival Morehead State. EKU averaged 6.6 yards per carry during the contest.
– Daryl McCleseky Jr. led Eastern Kentucky with 125 yards on 14 carries. LJ Scott scored two rushing touchdowns and finished with 86 yards.
– All-Ohio Valley Conference tight-end Dan Paul caught two touchdown passes in the opening week.
– EKU ranks first in the OVC in sacks per-game after getting to the Eagles’ quarterback five times.
– The Colonel defense also ranks first in interceptions as they had two takeaways in the air last week.
– Samuel Hayworth was named OVC Co-Specialist of the week after going 2-for-2 on field goals and 5-for-5 on extra points.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Marshall opened the season with a 35-28 victory at Miami (Ohio).
– Isaiah Green made his first career start for the Herd and went 24-for-37 with 272 yards and two touchdown tosses.
– Senior receiver Tyre Brady dazzled in the season opener for the Herd with nine receptions and 116 yards to go with two touchdowns.
– Marshall has won 82.9 percent of its home games in Joan C. Edwards Stadium.
– Malik Grant leads the way for the Herd on defense with 12 total tackles.
– Doc Holliday is 62-42 overall in his tenure as Marshall head coach.
– The Herd defense ranks 27th in FBS in rushing defense with 87 yards allowed per game.