RICHMOND, Ky. – After splitting a pair of matches on its last road trip, the Eastern Kentucky University volleyball team will now welcome in-state rival Morehead State University to Richmond on Halloween night.
Wednesday’s match against the Eagles will be held in McBrayer Arena, at 6:00 p.m.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
– The Colonels (4-20, 3-9 OVC) split a pair of road matches against Jacksonville State and Tennessee Tech.
– Katelyn Caserma-Kloeble had a career-high 17 kills in the win over Tennessee Tech. She had 21 kills on the week which was second on the team.
– Chloe Rojas led the team with 34 digs last weekend. She had match-highs in both contest with 12 and 22 respectively.
– Cassie Knutson leads the team offensively with 277 kills, with Lindsey Wilkins right behind her at 220.
– Chloe Rojas leads the team defensively with 385 digs.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
– The Eagles (17-8, 8-3 OVC) split a pair of matchups this past weekend, defeating Tennessee Tech in four sets and losing to Jacksonville State in five.
– Chandler Clark dished out 86 assists during the two contest.
– Olivia Lohmeier led the way with 30 kills over the weekend.
– Lohmeier leads the team offensively with 311 kills.
– The Eagles have three players with more than 200 kills this season.
– Allison Whitten anchors the Eagles defensively with 353 digs.
The Colonels stay at home when they welcome Austin Peay to McBrayer Arena Saturday afternoon. The match is scheduled for 2 p.m.