RICHMOND, Ky. – The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team returns home to take on Midway University on Tuesday night at McBrayer Arena.
Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.
The game will air live on ESPN+. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– This is the first-ever meeting between EKU and Midway.
– Eastern Kentucky (1-1) split a pair of matchups the opening week of the season, losing to Marshall at home before rallying late to knock off Chattanooga, 81-78, on the road Saturday night.
– Nick Mayo was named OVC Player of the Week on Monday after averaging 33 points, 13.5 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks-per-game in the two contests.
– Sophomore JacQuess Hobbs went 6-for-8 from the field with 13 points in the win against Chattanooga.
– EKU is averaging 79 points-per-game after the first week of play.
– The Colonels are averaging 42.5 rebounds per-game.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Midway comes in 3-2 after splitting a pair of contests last week.
– The Eagles are led by Kwon Evans, who had 23 points, seven rebounds and five assists in their last win.
– Midway is averaging 76.8 points per game on the season.
– Five Eagles reached double figures in the 99-89 overtime win over Crowley’s Ridge on Saturday.
Eastern Kentucky returns to the court Friday when the Colonels travel to the Virgin Islands to take on 12th ranked Kansas State in the 2018 Paradise Jam. Tip is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET.