RICHMOND, Ky. – Eastern Kentucky University women’s basketball team will hit the road for the first time this year when the Colonels travel to Oxford, Ohio to take on the Redhawks of Miami University.
Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.
The game will air live on ESPN+.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– EKU leads the all-time series 11-5.
– Last time the two teams faced off, Miami won 65-54.
– The last meeting between the two was in 2016.
– Eastern Kentucky fell at home, 70-43, against Saint Louis on Friday.
– The EKU defense ranks 45th in the country in three-point defense.
– The Colonels recorded 12 assists on 16 made field goals in the opener.
– Four freshman scored in their collegiate debut as a Colonel against Saint Louis.
– Abby Wright led the way for the Colonels offensively with a team-best eight points.
– Eight of the nine colonels that played recorded points.
– Teri Goodlett and Shay Solomon each had a team-best four assists.
– EKU is +1 in the turnover margin on the year.
– Eastern Kentucky ranks 65th in the country in turnovers per-game.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Miami (Ohio) won its first game over Canisius, 62-59, on Friday.
– Miami (Ohio) ranks 11th in the country in three-point defense.
– The Redhawks had four players score 10 or more points in the season-opener.
– They rank 67th in the country in turnover margin at +6.
– Kendall McCoy did it all for the Redhawks in their first game of the year with 16 points, seven rebounds, and three assists.
– Miami was out-rebounded in the opener, 47-35.
– The Redhawks rank 28th in the country in turnovers per game.
– Lauren Dickerson had 11 points and eight assists in the season opener.