ST. THOMAS, V.I. – The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will square off against No. 12 Kansas State in the 2018 Paradise Jam on Friday night at 7:30 p.m. ET.
The game will air live on FloHoops.com. A subscription is required. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
WHAT TO KNOW
– Junior Lachlan Anderson led five Colonels in double figures with a career-high 22 points and 14 rebounds in Tuesday’s 107-52 win over Midway.
– Saturday’s win marked the first time EKU (2-1) had scored more than 100 points in a game in nearly three years (Nov. 25, 2015).
– Junior Kelvin Robinson dished out a career-high 10 assists on Tuesday. He currently ranks fifth in the OVC in assists/game (4.3).
– EKU currently leads the OVC in steals/game (10.0) and turnover margin (+6.3). The Colonels rank second in rebounding margin (+5.7) and scoring offense (88.3 ppg).
– Senior Nick Mayo leads the OVC in both scoring (28.0 ppg) and rebounding (12.0 rpg).
– Mayo needs only one rebound to reach 600 for his career. Only one other Colonel scored more than 1,600 points and grabbed more 600 rebounds in his career: John Allen (1990-94). Mayo also needs only six assists to reach 200 for his career.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Kansas State (2-0) has wins over Kennesaw State and Denver this season.
– The nationally-ranked Wildcats are allowing only 48.5 points-per-game so far this year.
– Barry Brown leads K-State offensively at 20.0 points-per-game.
– This is the fourth all-time meeting between EKU and Kansas State, and first since 1972. The Colonels lead the series, 2-1. EKU’s wins against K-State came in 1945 and 1948.
Depending on Friday’s outcomes, EKU will play either Penn or Northern Iowa on Saturday in the Paradise Jam.