KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will square off against No. 6 Tennessee on Wednesday night at Thompson-Boling Arena.
The game will air live on SEC Network. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
WHAT TO KNOW
– Senior Nick Mayo will be playing in his 100th career game on Wednesday. He has started 99 straight games leading up to this moment.
– Mayo currently ranks second in the OVC and ninth in the country in scoring at 25.0 points-per-game.
– Mayo enters Wednesday’s game exactly 100 points shy of tying the EKU career scoring record (he has 1,732 career points … the all-time record is 1,832).
– Jomaru Brown was voted the OVC Co-Freshman of the Week on Monday. Brown came off the bench and scored a career-high 21 points in the win over Kennesaw State last Monday. He added four rebounds and two assists.
– Sophomore Peyton Broughton scored 13 points and had a career-high five steals in the win over Kennesaw State. Broughton is now 6-of-11 from deep in his last two games.
– EKU currently leads the OVC in turnover margin (+4.0). The Colonels rank second in the league in steals (9.0 steals-per-game) and offensive rebounds (13.5 offensive rebunds-per-game).
– EKU ranks 20th in the country in scoring offense (86.3 points-per-game).
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Tennessee (4-1) lost to No. 2 Kansas, 87-81, last Friday.
– The Vols are led by the duo of Grant Williams (21.6 points-per-game) and Admiral Schofield (15.4 points-per-game).
– This will be the fifth all-time meeting between EKU and Tennessee. The Vols leads the series, 4-0. The two teams last met on Nov. 25, 2005.
The Colonels will head back out on the road to face High Point on Saturday, Dec. 1, at 2:00 p.m. ET.