PITTSBURGH, Pa. – The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will go on the road to Pittsburgh to face Duquesne on Saturday. Tip from the Palumbo Center is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET.
The game will air live on ESPN+. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
WHAT TO KNOW
– Senior Nick Mayo became EKU’s all-time leading scorer in EKU’s 95-77 loss at Xavier last Saturday. He moved past Matt Witt (2002-06 / 1,832 points) to No. 1 on the list with a three-pointer at the 10:58 mark of the first half. Mayo currently has 1,851 career points.
– Mayo finished the Xavier game with 25 points, 6 rebounds and a career-high five steals. He currently leads the OVC and ranks 10th in the country in scoring at 24.5 points-per-game.
– EKU forced Xavier into 27 turnovers last Saturday. The Colonels rank fifth in the country in steals-per-game (10.2) and ninth in the country in turnovers forced per game (18.64).
– Redshirt junior Dujuanta Weaver came off the bench and connected on a career-high five three-pointers at Xavier. He matched his career high with 15 points in the loss.
– Freshman Jomaru Brown scored 17 points off the bench at Xavier. He also dished out a career-high five assists. Brown ranks second on the team in scoring (10.8 points-per-game), despite ranking seventh on the team in minutes played (18.8 points-per-game).
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Duquesne (8-3) had won four straight games before dropping a heartbreaker to Penn State on Wednesday, 73-67.
– Eric Williams Jr. leads a balanced Dukes scoring attack at 13.5 points-per-game.
– This is the first ever meeting between EKU and Duquesne.
EKU will host Brescia on Saturday, Dec. 29, at 6 p.m. ET.