MURRAY, Ky. – The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will continue Ohio Valley Conference play at Murray State on Saturday. Tip from the CFSB Center is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET.
The game will air live on ESPN+. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
WHAT TO KNOW
– Freshman Jomaru Brown poured in a career-high 26 points in EKU’s 93-75 loss at Austin Peay on Jan. 3. He shot 11-of-15 from the field.
– Redshirt junior Dujuanta Weaver ranks second in the OVC in three-pointers made/game (3.0). He has hit 24 over his last five games (4.8/game).
– Senior Nick Mayo pulled down a team-best nine rebounds at Austin Peay on Jan 3. In doing so, Mayo moved past Bob Tolan into a tie with John Allen for 12th on EKU’s all-time rebounds list (684).
– EKU (7-7, 0-1 OVC) ranks third in the country in steals/game (11.2), fourth in turnovers forced/game (20.1) and eighth in turnover margin (+5.0). The Colonels lead the OVC in all three categories.
– Saturday’s game will pit the top two scorers in the OVC against each other – Mayo (22.7 points-per-game) and Murray State’s Ja Morant (22.4 points-per-game). Mayo ranks 15th in the country in scoring, Morant ranks 18th.
– EKU is now 0-5 on the year when committing more turnovers than its opponent. The Colonels are 7-1 when forcing their opponent into more turnovers.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Murray State (10-2, 1-0 OVC) opened conference play with a 90-69 win over Morehead State on Thursday.
– Morant paces the Racers at 22.4 points, 9.9 assists and 6.7 rebounds-per-game.
– This will be the 167th all-time meeting between EKU and Murray State. Murray State leads the series, 104-62. The Racers have won four straight over the Colonels.
EKU is back on the road next weekend, facing Tennessee State and Belmont in Nashville.