FINAL SCORE: Texas A&M 20, No. 13 Kentucky 14 (one overtime)
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 5-1, 3-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Texas A&M is 4-2, 2-1 in the SEC.
- Texas A&M leads the series 2-1. The teams had not played in 65 years, since the 1952 and ’53 seasons.
- Next for the Wildcats: UK has an open date before playing host to Vanderbilt on Oct. 20.
- This was UK’s first overtime game since defeating Eastern Kentucky in OT in 2015.
- UK has allowed 83 points this season, fewest in the first six games of a season since 2008.
- UK has allowed 53 points in four SEC games this season, fewest in the first four SEC games since 1977.
- UK has allowed 20 points or less in all six games this season, first time since 1975 that UK has allowed six straight opponents to 20 or less.
- UK had four quarterback sacks tonight, tying the season high.
- UK had a season-high nine tackles for loss.
- UK’s game captains were RB Benny Snell, OT George Asafo-Adjei and TE C.J. Conrad.
- Sophomore quarterback Terry Wilson completed 65 percent of his passes (13 of 20) for 108 yards and one touchdown.
- Junior running back Benny Snell Jr. led the Wildcat ground game with 13 rushes for 60 yards. He added four pass receptions for 18 yards.
- Has 3,123 career rushing yards, remaining in third place in UK history.
- Sophomore wide receiver Lynn Bowden caught three passes for 55 yards and one touchdown.
- His 54-yard TD reception in the first quarter tied his career long, which came earlier this year at Florida.
- Senior safety Darius West had a magnificent game, scoring a touchdown on a 40-yard fumble return, grabbing an interception, and leading the Wildcats with 10 tackles.
- He collected his third interception of the year early in the fourth quarter.
- All three pickoffs have come in SEC games, also Florida and South Carolina.
- Senior safety Mike Edwards had nine tackles, including three for loss.
- Senior WR David Bouvier and freshman LB Chris Oats made their first collegiate starts.
- Oats got his first collegiate sack in the second quarter and ended the game with four tackles, including 1.5 for loss.