RICHMOND, Ky. — Eastern Kentucky University announced it will have 20% capacity at its home games this season. The school also announced safety guidelines for Colonels fans as well.
When EKU tees it up against Houston Baptist on October 3rd, here are the guidelines fans will have to follow going forward for home games in 2020:
- The EKU RV Zone will be open beginning at 6 p.m. the night before each home game for those with a valid RV Zone Parking Pass. RVs must be in the RV Zone by 9 p.m. on the night before a home game. There will be no same-day parking for the RV Zone on the day of the game.
o All attendees in the RV Zone are asked to maintain the 6-foot social distancing standard and are required to wear facemasks.
- Colonel Club and general parking will open two hours prior to kickoff.
o All patrons will be required to wear facemask when traveling through the parking lots and while socializing.
- No shuttle services from the parking lots to the stadium will be provided during the 2020 season.
- Hand sanitization stations will be located in the stadium.
- A comprehensive in-game custodial cleaning plan will include restrooms, team spaces, premium spaces, high-traffic areas and protocol to dispatch custodial services to any area of the stadium for specific needs.
- Signage will be displayed in common areas to assist with physical distancing.
- There will be one point of entry and exit throughout each space within the venue such as bathrooms and concessions.
○ Upon entry into Roy Kidd Stadium, fans and staff will be temperature screened using an infrared thermometer prior to entry.
o Masks will be required throughout the entirety of the contest. Ushers will be monitoring masking throughout the contest. Anyone who refuses to wear their masks appropriately will be escorted from the venue.
- Fans and family members of players and staff will not have access to the field at any point before, during or after the game.
- Physical tickets will not be sold at Roy Kidd Stadium on the day of the game; however, tickets will be available through EKUSports.com. Reserved seating will be in place following all capacity guidelines. Ushers will be available for assistance on the concourse.
- The Hill will be available for general ticketing fans and students only. Social distancing is critical for anyone sitting on the hill.
- Up to 1,000 tickets will be reserved for EKU students. EKU students will be given one ticket per EKU ID. Students can pick up their ticket on the day of the game at Gate 1.
- The EKU Stadium Club will be open one hour prior to kick-off, with only a minimum number of patrons permitted in the dining area at one time. Outside seating will be at 20 percent capacity. Safety precautions will be in place for the service of food and drinks.
- Concessions/merchandise points of sale will be open during the game with social distancing regulations.
- All gates will be used and each is a point of entry. No re-entry upon exiting the venue.
§ Moberly Gate – Accessible Gate
§ Gate 6 – Accessible Gate
§ Gate 1 – Student Gate & Visiting Team Pass List
§ Gate 2 – Season Ticket
§ Gate 3 – Player Will Call
§ Gate 4 – COVID Screening only
§ ADA Seating – J, N, and R
§ J, K, L – Band
§ N – R: Visiting Team
§ Hill – cheer teams and student seating